Senior Quantity Surveyor
Business Area: OPSL
Place of Work: Slough
Contract Type: Permanent
Osborne is one of the leading construction businesses in the UK. As a family-owned business, we have the freedom and flexibility to take a different approach. We focus on creating structures and spaces that provide an environment for people to thrive in and solutions for our customers that provide a better experience during the creation. From rail to road, housing to healthcare, however large the project or contract, we know that it is always personal to the people who use it and those that are responsible for it.
We provide an inclusive environment which is aligned to our core values of Quality, Integrity, Openness, Caring and Progressive. We value everyone as an individual and provide the opportunity to influence and change the way that we do things to ensure that we progress and evolve as a business.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for maximising the profitability of projects by exercising financial control over costs and maximising returns, whilst influencing the methods adopted to control risk and generate opportunity. You will lead, coordinate, support commercial staff on specific projects and assist the construction team members on all issues that have commercial bearing. Ensuring you develop and maintain positive relationships to promote and protect the Osborne reputation whilst remaining customer focused.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual to actively and visibly promote HSEQ in business decision making to create the right environment to improve performance on a habitual basis across the organisation. As a Leader you will take accountability for your people, through effective talent management and career/succession planning.
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for;
- Set profitability targets with the team, develop procurement strategy, and regularly produce financial progress reports
Timely procurement, negotiation, and administration of subcontracts in accordance with procurement strategy
- Secure the best possible (value and timing) payments from the client in order to maximise cash flow.
- Ensure that payments are applied for and received in accordance with the contract
- Make sure that the client is always aware of our financial and commercial expectations
- Production of CVCs, Cashflow, and End Day Forecasts and ensure that all are kept in line with targets and project strategy
- Monitor progress against programme (including subcontractors) in support of the site management.
- Undertake preparation and agreement of internal and external valuation/final account to ensure recovery of full entitlement in accordance with the contract
- Assist in the production of estimates and participate in tender negotiations and two stage tenders
- Competitive Salary and Company Car (dependent on position)
- Company Pension
- 25 Days Holiday
Gift Day off for your Birthday
- Private Health Insurance (after qualifying period dependent on level)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Trade Discount Cards
If this sounds a lot like you and your approach to your work is the same as ours, we would love to hear from you. If we end up working together, we will give you a great environment to work in with real opportunities for you to shine, deliver great work and develop your career.
Due to the nature of the work that Osborne are involved in, additional criminal record checks maybe required to carry out particular roles. This will be clarified during the interview process.
If you have any further queries regarding this role, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0330 311 2713
Please click on the following link for more information on this role: Job Specification