Business Area: Infrastructure
Place of Work: Waterloo
Contract Type: Permanent
Osborne is one of the leading construction businesses in the UK. As a family-owned business, we have the freedom and flexibility to take a different approach. We focus on creating structures and spaces that provide an environment for people to thrive in and solutions for our customers that provide a better experience during the creation. From rail to road, housing to healthcare, however large the project or contract, we know that it is always personal to the people who use it and those that are responsible for it.
We provide an inclusive environment which is aligned to our core values of Quality, Integrity, Openness, Caring and Progressive. We value everyone as an individual and provide the opportunity to influence and change the way that we do things to ensure that we progress and evolve as a business.
Working within the pre-delivery team, prepare accurate cost estimates for Infrastructure projects for formal presentation to senior management. Must be capable of pricing works from 1st principles, possessing a sound knowledge of civil engineering techniques, outputs and resources.
- Develop the necessary knowledge, skills & experience to enable future advancement and more responsibility.
- Assist the Pre-delivery team as directed.
- Carry out functions delegated by the Senior Estimator &/or Managing Estimator.
What are we looking for?
- Good Communication and IT skills especially with estimating software.
- An attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Awareness of current construction technologies and methods and how these impact on outputs and costs
Complete understanding of civil engineering resources, their costs and outputs and how these translate to the overall project cost
- Understanding the significance of project constraints on cost of delivery
- A detailed knowledge of risk management procedures and how these impact on cost estimates
- Be able to read drawings
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar pre-delivery /Estimating role or in site management or commercial management.
The following skills and knowledge are essential:
- Knowledge of construction techniques and outputs
- Contractual awareness
- Ability to take off quantities from drawings
- Commercial acumen and awareness
- Understanding of risk management
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to liaise with internal and external customers
- Knowledge of Safety, Health , Environmental & Quality policies and procedures
- Competitive Salary and Company Car (dependent on position)
- Company Pension
- 25 Days Holiday
- Gift Day off for your Birthday
- Private Health Insurance (after qualifying period dependent on level)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Trade Discount Cards
If this sounds a lot like you and your approach to your work is the same as ours, we would love to hear from you. If we end up working together, we will give you a great environment to work in with real opportunities for you to shine, deliver great work and develop your career.
Due to the nature of the work that Osborne are involved in, additional criminal record checks maybe required to carry out particular roles. This will be clarified during the interview process.
If you have any further queries regarding this role, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0330 311 2713
Please click on the following link for more information on this role: Job Specification