Business Area: Infrastructure
Place of Work: Reigate
Contract Type: Permanent
Osborne is one of the leading construction businesses in the UK. As a family-owned business, we have the freedom and flexibility to take a different approach. We focus on creating structures and spaces that provide an environment for people to thrive in and solutions for our customers that provide a better experience during the creation. From rail to road, housing to healthcare, however large the project or contract, we know that it is always personal to the people who use it and those that are responsible for it.
We provide an inclusive environment which is aligned to our core values of Quality, Integrity, Openness, Caring and Progressive. We value everyone as an individual and provide the opportunity to influence and change the way that we do things to ensure that we progress and evolve as a business. As a responsible employer we are also committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of all our staff at all times.
- Supporting a key rail client with reactive maintenance projects
- Supporting the surveying team to maximise returns and profitability for projects
- Pricing jobs, Negotiating costs
- Cost/ Value reviews
- Managing subcontractor costs
- Joining a team of 6
What are we looking for?
- Experience with Schedule of rates is essential
- A minimum of 3 years experience within a commercial role
- Previous experience working on framework maintenance contracts is desirable
- Experience within the rail sector is desirable but not essential
- Ability to work to deadlines and confidence in own ability
- Able to give commercial guidance to the client
- Strong stakeholder management
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car
- Company Pension
- 25 Days Holiday
If this sounds a lot like you, and your approach to your work is the same as ours, we would love to hear from you. If we end up working together, we will give you a great environment to work in with real opportunities for you to shine, deliver great work and develop your career.
Please note that we would also make reasonable adjustments where possible to ensure that our places of work are inclusive and allow us to support the creation of a diverse and engaged business.
Due to the nature of the work that Osborne are involved in, additional criminal record checks maybe required to carry out particular roles. This will be clarified during the interview process.
If you have any further queries regarding this role, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0330 311 2713
Please click on the following link for more information on this role: Job Specification