Business Area: Infrastructure
Place of Work: Site
Contract Type: Agency Temp
Osborne is one of the leading construction businesses in the UK. As a family-owned business, we have the freedom and flexibility to take a different approach. We focus on creating structures and spaces that provide an environment for people to thrive in and solutions for our customers that provide a better experience during the creation. From rail to road, housing to healthcare, however large the project or contract, we know that it is always personal to the people who use it and those that are responsible for it.
We provide an inclusive environment which is aligned to our core values of Quality, Integrity, Openness, Caring and Progressive. We value everyone as an individual and provide the opportunity to influence and change the way that we do things to ensure that we progress and evolve as a business. As a responsible employer we are also committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of all our staff at all times.
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Manager to provide functional support for all aspects of engineering within Infrastructure; a source of knowledge, advice, experience and support to the Delivery Teams when providing engineering solutions for our Customers. To ensure compliance with our permanent and temporary work design management processes. To provide advice and support on engineering issues to the Pre-delivery team as required. To capture and provide data to the business on our engineering performance so that lessons and best practice can be identified, shared and embedded into our processes.
What are we looking for?
• Experience of identifying and managing the production and implementation of technical solutions within a civil engineering environment.
• Understanding the available standards and guidance used to inform technical solutions in the infrastructure sector.
• Understanding the technical approval and assurance processes demanded by key Clients in the Infrastructure sector (primarily road and rail).
• Familiarity with the roles and responsibilities of the ‘Contractor’s Responsible Engineer’ for Network Rail schemes, including experience/aspiration to undertake this role.
• Understanding of how required levels of quality are identified and managed during both design and implementation and how non-conformance with respect of quality should be addressed.
• Good understating of BIM and technology and an ability to embrace and drive innovation.
• Awareness of the need to identify and implementing continuous improvement when providing technical solutions.
• Understanding of the roles and responsibilities associated with the CDM Regulations.
• Understanding of how H&S risk should be managed during both the design and implementation stages of projects
• Likely to have worked in a major civil engineering business on complex rail or highways projects.
• Evidence of building effective relationships with a diverse range of team members
If this sounds a lot like you, and your approach to your work is the same as ours, we would love to hear from you. If we end up working together, we will give you a great environment to work in with real opportunities for you to shine, deliver great work and develop your career.
Please note that we would also make reasonable adjustments where possible to ensure that our places of work are inclusive and allow us to support the creation of a diverse and engaged business.
Due to the nature of the work that Osborne are involved in, additional criminal record checks maybe required to carry out particular roles. This will be clarified during the interview process.
If you have any further queries regarding this role, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0330 311 2713
Please click on the following link for more information on this role: Job Specification